Subsidies & Scholarships

A variety of subsidies and scholarships are available to help offset the cost of tuition. Here is a list of resources from the PATCH Website at


The Department of Human Services (DHS) has opened the application period for its Preschool Open Doors (POD) program and encourages families to apply . 

Click here to apply for Preschool Open Doors


Pauahi Keiki Scholars - Kamehameha Schools

Arbor Child Care Connections is a federal subsidy program helping families pay for child care services. For more information call an office in your area. In Honolulu (Hawaii Kai - Halawa) call 356-5555,or in Waipahu (Aiea - Wahiawa to Waialua; Waipahu - Makaha) call 356-5577. Click here for Arbor Child Care Connections information.

Alu Like Native Hawaiian Child Care Assistance Project
Phone: (808) 535-1300; Eligibility: Native Hawaiian children, there are also income requirements (please call for more information). Enrollment: Statewide, there are limited funds available. Click here for more information about Alu Like.

Keiki o Ka 'Aina HELP Childcare Subsidy Program:Services for Native Hawaiian children.Applications accepted year round. O'ahu & Neighbor Islands: (808) 845-3454.


Military Programs: Military members are eligible to receive a monthly subsidy to help offset child care costs. Eligibility may vary by military branch. To determine if you are eligible, contact Child Care Aware's NACCRRA Military Fee Assistance department toll-free at 1-800-424-2246 or by email at

Tax Credits and Assistance

Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
You may be able to lower your taxes and even get up to several thousand dollars back if you qualify for the EITC. To qualify you must be working full or part-time and make less than a certain amount based upon family size. You don't have to owe any taxes to get the EITC.

Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit
If you have a child under 13 and owe federal income taxes, this tax credit can help cover a portion or all of the taxes you owe if you qualify.

Dependent Care Assistance Programs
Your employer may offer this program which allows you to have money taken out of your paycheck tax-free and put into a special account to be used for child care tuition reimbursement. The main purpose of this type of program is to lower the amount of taxes you have to pay during the year. However, you can't claim any money you put into this account for the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit (described above).

Child Development Centers

The Cole Academy, a nationally
accredited program, provides
the warmth and personal
attention that your child needs
to learn and thrive.

Newsletter Subscription

Copyright 2018 The Cole Academy - Early Childhood Education and Care. Site by Websites for Daycares